Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Budget + Improving my knitting skills + Finding Raverly = BUDGET BLOWN

A couple weeks ago I posted this post about being up to my eyeballs in debt and what I my plan was to get my numbers down.  Well, I was well on my way to not breaking my budget for this pay period when I decided to take my sister-in-law and my friend Michelle to our town's yarn store.  Oh, we're not talking your Red Heart yarn here ladies and gent's...we're talking handspun/handpainted/dyed and more expensive than Red Heart yarn yarn's.  Which is apparently why I like it so much.

Well let's just put it this way...I spent a considerable chunk of money that day as well as learned some new skills.  In addition to my new skills I found the webpage Ravelry where knitters and crocheters can post their projects and find patterns and buy yarn and just have ton's of knitting and crocheting fun. If your on Ravelry you can find me as Sheeplesinthecity.

And this is were I went wrong.

Now that I've found this site and found TONS of patterns that I want to make...I've blown my budget all to hell on needle's and yarn.  I'm not making excuses...I'm just stating a fact.  Oh sure there's still money in the account but not as much as I would have liked to have had left over.  So much for being good with my first paycheck after paying off my car. :(

I'll do better next week that's for sure.

1 comment:

Renee Anne said...

I gave up on a budget. It was too confining and really cut into my knitting stash.

I've friended you on rav, and I'm not going to tell you about the ISO & Destash group on rav, either.....oops.