Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Frugal Tip ~ Use your library

I LOVE to read.  It's one of the things that keeps me out of trouble....along with knitting and digital photography.  Because I love to read, I have a strong desire to buy books all the time.  Last year I would have given in to the urge to buy bags of books.  Now I have found that a HUGE chunk of the books that I have on my wishlist are available in my library system.  So now I'm using my library more and when my mom and I go thrifting I like to check out the bookshelves....I love that I can buy a bag of books for a couple of bucks at our favorite thrift stores.

Right now I have 19 books checked out of my library.  All of them with the exception of 2 were on my wishlist.  I also have another 14 books that were on my wishlist that are "in transit" to my library.  If you don't have a library card, I recommend getting one.  Especially if you like to read and save money.  With the exception of late fees or lost books, checking items out of the library (at least at my library anyway) doesn't cost a thing.  I know that all libraries are different but please check into it.

1 comment:

MyATM said...

Hi there! I also love to read but there is no library available at my place so the only thing is go to the bookstore and buy the cheapest books. But your tip is very helpful. I also love reading your blog. Thank you!