Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Re-creating ME part 1

So I haven't really been blogging on here for close to a month.  During that time I have been doing some thinking about ME and where I want to see myself in the future.  The right now me is up to her eyeballs in debt, has a borderline addiction to hand spun/hand-dyed yarn, is STILL living at home at 27 years of age, is driving around in a car that she doesn't feel particularly safe in (if it leaves you on the side of the road it goes in the borderline unsafe category), hasn't been on a vacation in YEARS and just overall is NOT happy with the current me.

So I have decided that I am going to "re-create" ME. 

One small step that I've taken in "re-creating" ME is setting up a Mason jar for all the change that I acquire.  I've got a pretty decent chunk of change in the jar already but I want to fill that sucker up.  So I guess that means that I'll have start using more cash from now on and become less dependent on my debit card.

I have actually gone ahead and moved my banking to another bank.  With my new checking account my money will actually work with me instead of basically doing nothing.  The interest rate on this new account is a whopping 2.51% APR.  I hadn't done it when I originally posted about it because my budget was still pretty unstable at that point but now that it's a little more stable I felt comfortable with the move.

I've decided that I'm actually going to get a passport.  The plan is to go to where my family is originally from in Germany next summer.  I am EXTREMELY excited about the prospect of actually getting on an airplane and actually seeing somewhere outside of our recession ridden country.  Now I have to learn a little German!

So there are 3 things that I've accomplished on my way to "re-creating" ME.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you, Jamie! This is a hard decision and a difficult thing to do - but many of us have done it and will be here for moral support. Just remember that realizing that you've got to change is the hardest part, however, the second hardest part is willpower.
Good luck! We'll be praying for you and are here if you need to talk/vent!